Lent is the 40-day season of the Christian year where Christians focus on simple living, prayer, and fasting, in order to grow closer to God. It is a season of taking stock of one’s life in general and one’s spiritual life in particular, and to seek repentance, renewal, and rebirth. In some traditions it is when the catechism process happens for those preparing to join the church or be baptized.
Here are some invitations to start you off:
- Come to worship on Ash Wednesday, February 14, at 12 noon in the Chapel or 7 PM in Westminster Hall!
- Come to one of the Lenten Small Groups beginning the week of February 12 and lasting for 6 weeks:
- Wednesdays at 9:30-11:30 AM in the Church House Parlor led by Maureen Paterson (Women’s Bible Study)
- Wednesdays at 6:00-7:30 PM in the Church House Parlor led by Dennis Jones
- Tuesdays starting February 20 at 7:15 pm at the home of Bob and Eleanor Taylor, 141 Childs Road, Basking Ridge
- Come to worship
- Maundy Thursday (March 29, 7:30 pm)
- Good Friday (March 30, 7:30 pm).
Also, don’t miss out on these special musical events:
- Our Spring Oratorio Concert – Sunday, March 18 at 4 pm.
- Lenten Music & Meditation Services – Wednesdays, March 7, 14 & 21 at Noon.
These short (1/2-hour) services feature a musical guest and are followed by a simple but delicious soup and sandwich lunch.
One more note…
Our Easter Weekend worship services will be
- Saturday, March 31 at 5 pm in Westminster Hall
- Sunday, April 1 at 9 am and 10:30 am (note special time), both in the Sanctuary
Are you aware of smile.amazon.com? Its exactly the same as regular amazon—same account, prices, etc.—except purchases through it generate donations to a charitable organization of your choosing. And, BRPC can be the recipient of those donations! Thanks!