The season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 17
We invite you to be involved in the special services and other activities offered this year to deepen your spiritual lives during this time of contemplation and reflection.
Who is My Neighbor?
The question comes from the Parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke’s gospel where a lawyer asks Jesus what he must do to inherit eternal life. Jesus says, “what do you think?” The lawyer says, “love the Lord my God with all that I am, and my neighbor as myself.” Jesus says, “that’s right!” The lawyer, wanting to justify himself asks, “who is my neighbor?” In response, Jesus tells the story of the Good Samaritan. During this year of continued social isolation, the uncertainty around COVID-19, economic challenges, and racial and political tension, the imperative of Jesus to love our neighbor as we love ourselves will guide our journey through Lent.
Here are our special offerings this year:
Lenten Worship Bag
On February 14, drive through the E. Allen St. parking lot to greet the pastors and pick up a special bag with Shrove Tuesday pancake supplies, Special Worship materials, and art supplies for Stacy’s classes. Please sign up here.
All these services are online, viewable on our website or Facebook Page. They will premier at the times shown, but the recordings will be available afterwards, as usual. Participate at whatever time is convenient for you.
- Ash Wednesday – February 17, 12 pm
- Lenten Music & Meditation Services – March 10, 17, and 24, each at 12 pm
- Palm Sunday Service – March 28, 10 am
- Maundy Thursday Service – April 1, 7 pm
- Good Friday Service & Oratorio Concert – April 2, 7 pm
- Easter Sunday Service – April 4, 10 am
Classes for All
- Jean Sorabella presents art and images relating to the Parable of Good Samaritan and Prodigal Son – Wednesdays, February 24 and March 3, 7:30 pm. Contact Jean or Rev. Maureen Paterson for the Zoom link.
- Stacy Currie leads an art session on February 18, 6 pm, via zoom, creating art pieces that will be displayed in the sanctuary windows. This is available for all ages! Necessary supplies will be included in the Lenten Worship Bags distributed on Feb. 14.
- Children’s Ministries – contact Stacy Currie regarding special activities for children
- Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt, Sunday, March 28, Outside the Church between 12:00-1:30 pm. Social distancing and mask requirements.
- Chalk Walk Messaging, Good Friday, April 2: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. More info to come!
- Sr. High Youth – A five-week bible study on Thursdays beginning at 7pm. Contact Cathi Reckenbeil for details and the zoom link.