Dear Members and Friends,
Here at BRPC we care deeply about the worship of our loving and faithful God. We believe that it is the center of all that we are and all that we do. Worship is what restores us and reorients us. It helps us find our way home. Home to God.
This past Monday our Session prayerfully approved a recommendation from our Worship and Music Council to make a change in our worship schedule. We believe this change will bring new life and energy to our experiences of worship. The changes will begin this fall, on the weekend of September 21-22. Our new worship schedule will be:
Saturday 5 PM, informal and less traditional (in Westminster Hall)
Sunday 10 AM, more traditional (in the Sanctuary)
Sunday School for children and youth will begin following the Children’s Message at the 10 AM service. We are excited about this change! We believe God is calling us to it for the following reasons:
- For a congregation of our size, we believe that having 2 worship services instead of 3 is a better use of staff and lay leadership time and energy.
- We believe it will likely increase the number of worshippers at each worship service, adding to the sense of enthusiasm, energy, and community.
- Spiritually feeding and nourishing our present members, while faithfully embracing and including newcomers, it will allow us to offer a traditional service of worship, with all that entails, while also offering a 2nd very distinct worship service that is less formal and traditional, and takes place on a different day of the week at a different time and in a different place.
- This will allow more time prior to each service for those engaged in our music ministry to prepare, helping them to give their best in glorifying God and inspiring those who are present.
- We believe this schedule will bless and support our Christian education offerings and fellowship gatherings.
To serve as a leader is a sacred trust. We care deeply about all of you, and the ways our church is nurturing you on your journey of loving God with all that you are, and loving your neighbor as you love yourself. We believe this new schedule will enrich and bless you on that path. We ask for your prayers as we prepare to implement this change in September. We also invite you to be in touch with either of us if you have any questions, or if you want to be involved in some way with the launch of this new beginning of our worship life.
In Christ’s love, and on behalf of the Session,
Worship and Music Council Chairperson