Our mission is to follow God’s call to provide food for the hungry in our community.
- About Us
- The Need
- Our Partners
- Get Involved
God’s Co-op Pantry opened in June 2011 as a mission to feed hungry neighbors in Bernardsville, Basking Ridge, and Peapack-Gladstone. Since then, the number of individuals and families served has grown from 50 to over 200.
In 2018, volunteers prepared 3636 bags of food for distribution to our clients.
Who is Eligible?
We primarily serve three distinct and growing populations: veterans living on the grounds of the VA Hospital, local senior citizens, and our underserved hispanic neighbors.
The services of the Pantry are offered to local residents living below the poverty level. If you or someone you know is interested in applying, call the church at 908-766-1616.
When do Individuals Receive Food?
Individuals and families approved for assistance can come to the Pantry twice a month to receive groceries that are designed to supplement their own shopping as well as encourage healthy eating. During summer months, fresh vegetables are provided by local farms.
God’s Co-op Pantry is a ministry of the Basking Ridge Presbyterian Church, and shares our 501(c)3 status.
Did You Know?
- There are over 1,500 people living below the poverty line in Bernardsville, 800 in Basking Ridge, and 110 in Peapack-Gladstone.
- Poverty is defined as living on or below $45,510 a year for a family of four.
- Prior to God’s Co-op Pantry, the only available food pantry was 15 miles away, with no direct public transportation.
- We are currently distributing approximately 300 bags of groceries per month.
Local Churches and Organizations Supporting the Pantry:
- Basking Ridge Presbyterian Church
- Good Shepherd Church (Bernardsville Presbyterian)
- Bishop Janes United Methodist Church
- The Peapack Reformed Church
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Roman Catholic Church
- Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church
- The Community Food Bank of NJ
- Food Bank of Somerset County
- The Rotary Club of Bernardsville
- The Bonafides of Somerset Hills
In addition, Shoprite of Bernardsville supports us with a discount on food, free delivery, and helps us stock our shelves.
How Can I Help?
We welcome all who would like to help us meet this basic human need for food right here in our towns. As the client list grows, it will take a greater community effort to help feed our hungry neighbors.
Any type of contribution truly makes a difference!
Your donations help keep our shelves stocked. Please consider a financial contribution or a donation of groceries from our wish list.
Volunteers operate every aspect of the food pantry: organizing donations, stocking shelves, filling grocery bags, completing paperwork. We need YOU! Individuals, families, and groups are welcome to serve.
Pray For Us!
Through God all things are possible.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss how you might get involved.
c/o Basking Ridge Presbyterian Church
1 E Oak St
Basking Ridge NJ 07920
Pantry Food Distribution Location
The Good Shepherd Church
321 Mine Brook Rd
Bernardsville, NJ 07924
Thanks to Our Volunteers!
This video was created for our volunteer appreciation event, and features pastors and others from our partner organizations speaking about our volunteers and the mission of the Pantry.