June 2, 2021
Dear Members and Friends of Basking Ridge Presbyterian Church,
I’m excited to share with you that as COVID numbers continue to move in a very encouraging direction, and many of the safety precautions in NJ have been lifted, significant steps are being taken with our in person worship service each Sunday at 10 AM. Beginning immediately the following changes are in effect:
- Pre-registration for in person worship is no longer necessary
- The use of pre-screening questions and taking temperatures at the door will no longer be needed
- Seating in the sanctuary will be increased from every third pew to every other pew
- The balcony will be open each Sunday
- Worshippers may sit in their pew of choice among those designated to be used, and depart the service in a more natural and un-rushed manner so as to enjoy fellowship with one another
- Bibles and Hymnals will be returned to the pew racks
- Worship bulletins will be provided by ushers
- Solos or special instrumental music will return
The Session will prayerfully consider next steps regarding congregational singing and the wearing of masks. For now, congregational singing remains on hold, and face masks are required. I also remind you that the online worship service will continue permanently, and ask that anyone who is not feeling healthy or well remain home and enjoy that service.
Thank you for your patience and prayers as we all strive to provide a place of welcome, safety, and spiritual nurture for all God’s people. Please be in touch with me if you have any questions, or if there are other ways that I or the church can be of support to you.
With faith and love,